Nicotine Salt(also known as Salt Nic) is a type of nicotine that forms naturally in leaf tobacco and is generally considered to be a more stable form of nicotine compared to traditional(freebase or regular) vape juice. Due to the higher doses of nicotine, Salt Nic Ejuice is meant to be used with pod systems and low wattage devices. Nicotine Salt rose in popularity with the release of the JUUL Pod System which became a staple in the industry. Due to the high demand of the segment, Salt Nic Ejuice is readily available and top players in the game have converted their e-liquid to satisfy the demands of vapers. Additionally, known manufacturers continue to release new and improved devices for the same purpose.
Why choose Nicotine Salts over Freebase Nicotine?
When you vaping freebase nicotine, most users won't go above 6mg, as it will be harsh to vape on. This became a problem because users were not satisfied with the nicotine, therefore going back to traditional cigarettes. However, with Nicotine Salts, vapers are given the option to vape higher nicotine strengths without the harshness while satisfying your nicotine craving. To accomplish these nicotine salts carry a special ingredient called Benzoic Acid allowing nicotine salts vaporize at a much lower temperature, lowers the pH levels in liquid for a smoother hit, and it causes a reaction which allows Nicotine Salt to be absorbed as easily as Freebase Nicotine. Because of this Benzoic Acid, most people are able to easily handle higher nicotine strengths and the Nicotine Salt is absorbed by your body much more efficiently.
- Satisfaction: Nicotine Salts provides enough nicotine to satisfy vapers who enjoy the nicotine rush.
- Smoothness: Conventional e-liquids are too harsh at higher doses of nicotine. With nicotine salts your able to vape higher nicotine strengths with less of the harshness.
- Less flavor: Users who have successfully dropped down to 0mg will find that flavor is not as rich. With nicotine salts has no effect in this area, leading to a richer, flavorful, and more enjoyable vaping experience.
- Cheaper: Let's face it—an efficient sub-ohm tank or box mod is significantly more expensive than a tiny little vape pen, as well as the many premium e-liquids that go into the vape pen. If all you need is an inexpensive and discreet vaping experience that helps you get just the right amount of nicotine, then salts are for you.
- Too Much Nicotine: While heavy smokers need a heavy dose of nicotine, lighter smokers can make do in the 3-6mg nicotine range. This also happens to be the ultimate sweet spot for sub-ohm devices. As a result, people can use smooth, high-VG vape juice in their sub-ohm tank and feel completely content with the experience they get.
- Fewer options: Nicotine salts are a new form of vaping, therefore most brands haven't transferred over to nicotine salts meaning fewer options. However, each month vape companies are coming out with salt nicotine versions of their current and new vape juice flavors. Also, certain pod systems like the Juul offer non-refillable flavor pods giving you even less variation. However, most devices are fully refillable.
- Lower fun factor: Salt nicotine are meant for low voltage meaning they produce less vapor than the standard vaporizers.
How much nicotine is in Salt Nicotine?
Salt Nicotine comes in various strengths. The most popular nicotine strengths for salt nic is 25mg & 50mg. However, depending on the brand nicotine strengths could vary but don't go below 20mg.
Top Salt Nicotine Brands:
We carry a wide selection of salt nic e-liquids ranging from cereal to fruit. Here is a list of some of our reputable salt nicotine brands.
ORGNX Salt Nic: ORGNX Salt Nic is a new line that is rapidly building their reputation as one of the best fruit-inspired brands in the industry. Find flavors like peach, lychee, honeydew, apple, and orange.
NKD 100 Salt: NKD 100 Salt by Naked 100 is one of the largest vape juice manufacturers offering an array of e-liquids.
Reds Salt Series: Red Salt Series by 7 Daze offers superb quality e-liquid offering flavors like guava, mango, berries, grape, and watermelon infused with their signature apple recipe. Reds Salt is offered in either menthol or non-menthol.
TWST Salt: TWST Salt is an award-winning e-juice company that continues to provide vapors with top of the line e-liquids.
Solace Salts: Solace Vapor is one of the pioneers in the salt nicotine segment offering a wide selection of salt nicotine e-juice.
Are Nicotine Salts Right for You?
Choosing between salt nic or freebase nicotine can be tricky, luckily we're here to help. When deciding to take into consideration the following questions:
- Am I a heavy traditional cigarette smoker? Yes/No
- Do I want a more genuine smoking experience? Yes/No
- Will I want smooth vapor and high nicotine? Yes/No
- Do I need a stronger nicotine buzz? Yes/No
- Are massive clouds not my thing? Yes/No
If you answered "yes" to most of the questions, salt nicotine is right for you. For beginners, we recommend starting of with a disposable device like the Puff Bar Disposable Device or a less expensive and easy to use pod system like the Suorin Air V2 and using nicotine salts with low nicotine strength like our best selling ORGNX Peach Ice Salt Nic or Reds Apple E-Juice Salt.